At the Betterhealth Clinic in Joondalup we provide a range of effective assessments and tests to help you develop your goals and to improve your health potential.
We include some of these assessments in the price of your initial consultation because we feel that it will help you
- improve you compliance and determination to succeed
- save valuable time as it helps your practitioner focus
- it’s cost effective
- will build your confidence
- achieve your desired results
It is very exciting to get your initial readings with this assessment. Full body composition analysis such as this, is helpful to set goals. It is very motivating to than see progress with each visit. The assessment helps identify and analyse key biological markers that could be affecting areas of your health such as cholesterol issues, fatty liver, lethargy and weight.
Ever wondered how your metabolic age compares to your biological age? find out with this assessment. Even if you don’t have any serious health concerns, this assessment may help get you on your way to simply improving your nutrition or increasing much needed energy levels and sense of focus.
For more information click on the heading or on this link https://betterhealthclinic.com.au/bio-impedance-analysis-weight-loss/
Why is urinary pH assessment important to your health? Whilst it is not a disease, subtle changes of pH in the body can have substantial impacts on a range of health conditions, including stress, bone density, pain, muscle mass and hormonal balance.
Urinary pH is a good measure of the acid-load within the body, and many practitioners use urinary pH to tailor their treatment plans. It is a simple test done in real time in the clinic during your consultation. There is no charge for this assessment if the test is performed in the initial 1 hour consultation.
For more information click on the heading or on this link https://betterhealthclinic.com.au/urine-tests/
Urinary Ketone Assessment
We also use urine samples to help detect ketones in your urine. Measuring is very helpful an excess of ketones may indicate ketoacidosis, which may be indicating a problem with your kidneys or an inbalance in your diet, however it is also used to help during our weight loss program to make sure you maintain healthy ketone levels as they are generated by the metabolism of fat as an energy source.
Find out what your metabolism is doing. Is it burning fat effectively? If not why not? Assess your urinary ketones now.
Using a single drop of blood and placing it under a microscope can reveal a marvellous look at live blood. Whilst this is not a medical diagnostic tool it is a very useful screening assessment.
At the clinic we utilise a wide variety of health screenings from blood typing to , general blood services and genetic testing to understand your health comprehensively. Some are done at the clinic with some tests needing out sourcing. The tests are utilised to get to the bottom of your health concerns . Call us at the clinic to discuss what tests are available to you and which is best suited to your health status .
Numerous research studies have found that sub-optimal levels of zinc are very common at all ages, especially in the elderly . An Australian study found that 75% of women and 45% of men do not receive the RDA for zinc in their diets.
At the Betterhealth clinic in Joondalup, we use an inexpensive quick and reliable test for the assessment of zinc status. Assessing zinc levels can otherwise be difficult, as most of the body’s zinc stores are in the bones. Hair analysis, levels in sweat, blood serum or white blood cells all require considerable (and costly) laboratory work.
Book now to visit us at the Betterhealth clinic for your $20 assessment of zinc status + consultation of choice charge
For more information click on this heading or follow this link https://betterhealthclinic.com.au/zinc-tally-test/
Health Asssessments- questionnaires
Your practitioner may choose to have you complete one or more of a range of questionnaires. We implement them to help save time, improve case taking, make diagnosis more accurate and also serve as a good case record. They will also help you visualise and more easily discuss your health concerns.
You don’t have to wait to come to your first visit, simply call us or email us to request one of the questionnaires listed below.
They FREE OF CHARGE and are as follows:
- Health Appraisal Questionnaire (comprehensive) itemises your whole body in detail. Takes approx. 40mins to complete. 300 questions, that provide information on specific organ systems. Wonderful way to further individualise your treatment
- Health Appraisal Questionnaire (brief) This one focuses on detailed questions about your gastrointestinal, detox, thyroid, immune and muscular and skeletal health.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Questionnaire is a comprehensive assessment of all the well known CVD risk factors including lipids, blood sugar levels and lifestyle factors such as smoking and exercise. In addition, it also provides our practitioners with the opportunity to assess emerging CVD risk factors including inflammation, stress, elevated homocysteine levels and obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Mood and Stress Questionnaire. This questionnaire will help identify the best prescription for you based on your clinical symptoms and can be used as a monitoring tool to watch your progress and to identify changes in treatment priorities as they occur.